Wednesday, August 20, 2003

9 weeks old

Kayci is 9 weeks old today. I've been really bad about writing in this journal. Maybe at some point in the future I'll go back and fill in the 2-month gap. Obviously a lot has happened. Until then, I'm just going to proceed with a (hopefully) daily journal from here on.

Kristi started back to school on Monday. Today's Wednesday. I'm keeping Kayci for a couple of weeks until after Labor Day when we'll send her to a sitter- Michelle Applegate. It's been good watching Kayci the past few days, but it's also extremely frustrating. I can't get any real work done during the day because we've spawned a baby that doesn't like to sleep on her back- or for more than 20 minutes at a time during the day. In fact- there she is now... Maybe I'll just let her cry this time. I tried that a few days ago. I made it almost 27 seconds before hurdling over cats and furniture to comfort her. Gotta go.

As I was saying, it's really hard to get any work done, which is bad because work has been really slow lately and I need to be finding more work. Kayci just eats up attention. Ever try to type or design a web site with a baby in one hand and a bottle in the other? Even in the Baby Bjorn® it's not easy. Like I said, she doesn't like to sleep very long during the day yet. I have great respect for stay-at-home moms.

In other news... on Sunday Kayci slept in her crib for the first time at night. She's been sleeping either in her pack & play in our room or in between us. Since then, though, she's only slept in her crib once more. I tried to put her there last night when I woke up to her kicking me in the ribs, but she woke right up. So she slept the rest of the night with us.

No comments: