Saturday, February 28, 2009

Office Progress

Noble's fever has turned out to be a mixed blessing in many ways. Today, we were supposed to be in Houston with Grandma & Grandpa but since Noble ran a fever until last night, we had to wait an extra day to head down (Grandpa can't be exposed to fevers/viruses/etc.). So we had a quiet day at home, with all of us but James spending the day in PJs. :) (He went to a wedding this evening, which was both good--he got to be a boy for a few hours--and a bummer--we had hoped to go as a family, then we thought he and I would go on a date...and he ended up going alone. So it is what it is.

We have cleared the extra furniture out of the office at this point, and while it's not "done," it's pretty impressive to us since we've been walking through a maze of STUFF for 2 weeks. Right now it's hard to find time to do everyday stuff, much less the large projects we've created for ourselves recently. Next up, moving Noble into Kayci's room...


Looking in to the office from the back door...there's the lone shelf, it used to be part of a set.  We enjoyed having them, but we won't miss the one that's moved to a friend's house.  If you look to the right of the shelf, that pile of stuff is my desk/corner.  I'm pretty excited...I even splurged and bought myself a $10 lamp.  Woo hoo!  It'll get cleaner, but I suspect most days it'll be cluttered like this.  I've got so many projects going on at once...sigh.  Don't we all?  


Kayci's corner...she loves to sit on her stool and go back and forth between her desk and the drawers...then she'll head to the easel and teach class for a while. Today's lesson? Color words. :)

My apologies to James--his desk was neat and organized until I cleaned MINE off...and stacked "his" stuff or the stuff I wanted him to look at, take to work, etc. on his desk. I know that drives him nuts...maybe we should have "in" boxes...

This is Noble's corner...originally I had the brown monkey/pirate rug over here and this was going to be his only spot...but his toys literally covered the carpet.  We had this rug under the couch and only pull it out when friends come over, so I figured, why not?  Worked out well, I think...

Here's James' cabinet...his desk is behind it, so he really does have his own space for the first time since we moved here.  Well, technically, for the first time since I quit teaching and took over his office as my office for consultant work...poor guy.  And there's Noble's other rug and current favorite toy, his workbench.  You can't see the Sit 'n Spin, but it's there and believe me, it provides tons of entertainment.  Noble refuses to sit on it, so he either stands on it and falls off, or tries to crawl over it...imagine, if you will, a baby trying to crawl up a treadmill.  Doesn't work so well, but is so freakin' funny to watch the little guy try to swim upstream.  He'll get mad and fuss at the Sit 'n Spin and shake his head at it...

Looking at the office from the kitchen doorway. You can't see the boxes/bags of recyclables I meant to take today but didn't because of the whole pajamas thing...Oh!  that tub of junk under the easel is Sami's food, etc...I felt so smart for putting it right next to the door.  Not that we were having a hard time remembering to feed her, just that we were tired of having to dig her canned food out from under the recyclables.  Ooh, maybe tomorrow I'll post a picture of our new recycling solution...



No comments: