Monday, December 29, 2014

How was my Christmas?

How was my Christmas?

Many people have asked how our Christmas was. Thank you for asking! I can say without reservation that this was one of the best Christmases I've ever had. It wasn't what I got. It was so much more than that. 

This year our kids woke us up at 5 am with such genuine excitement (after having peeked at what Santa brought them, that is...). We opened presents and we played as a family. We relaxed and napped and went to a movie and took time to sit and read. And did I mention the nap?

We didn't have to hurry up so we could leave town to go somewhere and we didn't have to clean up quickly or to cook because people were coming over. And it was awesome. 

I got to play action figures with my son and snuggle with my daughter. I got to lay in the yard looking up at the beautiful blue sky with Kristi. 

Ten years from now when Kayci is home from college and Noble is in high school and all they’ll want to do is go off and be with their friends, this is the day I’ll want back. The perfect day. 

When I say “I wish every day was Christmas Day,” this is the day I’m talking about.

It was our little family just being and playing together. And it was priceless.

No comments: