Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Case of the Wiggles

Yesterday Kayci had what I thought was her twice yearly dental check-up. I remembered James taking her last time because I had to do something with Noble and I really thought he took her this past spring. Um, no. Turns out, she hasn't been since a month after Noble was born...I was shocked that 18 months has passed. I've already gotten over that "mother of the year" feeling, thanks for asking. Dr. Moon informed Kayci that she has not one, but THREE wiggly teeth. One of her lower teeth should come out any time now, and she'll also be getting her first permanent molars in any time now. I don't know why, but watching her go off by herself (well, down the hallway to a glass room where I could see her the whole time) to get x-rays really made me sad. It was such a blessing to get to spend the day with Kayci yesterday, but at the same time I was very aware that days like that are rare. Things are changing...she's growing up, right before my eyes. I won't go on and on, as much as I'd like to...just feeling a bit melancholy. And lucky, which oughta cancel out the melancholy, right? :)

Kayci's first dentist appointment, August 2005.


Yesterday. Sigh.

No comments: