Monday, September 8, 2003

Kayci Drools A Lot

Wow. Last week flew by, but it was busy. After being in Kansas for a week, getting back to work was actually a welcome thing. Kayci did really well at the sitter. She only got written up four times. Just kidding, of course, but I know the day will come- she's my daughter, after all.

Kayci's been doing really well sleeping her own bed this week. We've dicovered that she LOVES to sleep on her side. She's also started taking naps on her tummy. The idea was that it would help with her tummy time. It turns out that she sleeps really well. I know, all the new conventional wisdom says not to let your baby sleep on her tummy, but I figure that means at night. Besides, every baby I've ever known and every baby since the beginning of time until about five years ago did it and is just fine. So I figure Kayci will be okay taking short naps on her tummy.

Kayci has really started drooling a lot. I don't think it's a coincidence that it started at about the same time that she began getting interested in putting things in her mouth to chew on. I know she's not teething yet- she's way too young. She just likes to grasp her rattle or a toy and suck on it. She does the same thing with her hands if she doesn't have a toy available. Until recently, she only put things in her mouth if she was hungry. Now, I think she's trying to figure out what things actually taste like before everybody starts telling her that everything tastes like chicken.

No comments: