Saturday, August 23, 2008

The little things in life...

This is actually Kristi; I'm on James' computer so it automatically logged me in as him.

There's a plaque on our back door that says "It's the little things in life that make living so grand." Saturday mornings are full of little things--both kids in bed with us as we sit and talk about our day, watching Noble's face light up when Kayci walks in the room each morning, listening to them play together (Noble has figured out how to make his piano play this morning). We let Kayci pick her breakfast since it's the last Saturday of summer, and of course she wanted to walk over to see Mr. Dale (at Max Donuts) and get donuts. Because I'm me, I thought it would be fun to see how far she'd get--I told her that since she's in Kindergarten now, she could go by herself. (We live at the intersection of the of the busiest streets in Brenham, if you've never been to our house, so that's so not going to happen.) Anyway, she went and got dressed (James got dressed too, saying he was going to go work outside while she was gone). He handed her some money, and he went out the back door and Kayci and I went out the front door. I wish I would have had a camera when she realized that she was the only one stepping off the porch...she kind of just stood there on the front walk, killing time...James came around the side of the house and she ran to him and hugged him with a huge grin on her face. She told him, "I couldn't believe Mommy was serious about this!" It really is the little things...

Noble's done playing the piano and my poached eggs water is boiling, so I'm off. Really quick, happy birthday today to Melissa! (And it's 5 years today since Grandma died...man, we won't even go there this morning.)

No comments: