Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Morning--We MADE It!

So you know James is out of town.  My goal today was to get to 8:30 church (our preferred service as it's Nobley nap time and Mr. Wiggles will actually sleep through the sermon most days...).  Well, the kids and I got up at 6:10 (yup, they were in bed with me, bite me) and kind of just hung out.  So many people have bugged me about Facebook and yesterday a friend mentioned it at a baby shower and I was like, I'm gonna just do it.  So I did this morning while Kayci watched special features (her favorite part of any DVD) and Noble played mass destruction.  I got in the shower at 8:00 AM, and it started...well, maybe we'll go to 10:30 church.  Well, maybe it'll be okay, James is out of town, just this once...and I got past that.  Then I remembered that it's communion Sunday, and I was thinking about juggling communion and 2 kiddos.  I almost--almost--gave in and thought, we'll just skip it.  Just this once.  But then it came to me--who in that church could we possibly sit by who WOULDN'T help me through communion?  So that got me moving again, and we all got around and got out the door with no stress (yea!!).  Made it to church on time, walked in and saw a new friend from Bible Study, Jean.  She invited us to sit with her, and I got so much out of church this morning.  Kayci went off to Sunday School as happy as can be, Noble slept and I enjoyed a powerful sermon (1 Corinthians--Corinth as the Vegas of the Bible).  Afterward, I told Jean about how I almost let myself NOT go to church today, and thanked her for being such a blessing to us.  God is good!

Now we're home, have been for 3 hours.  Kayci and I are back in PJs (she loves, loves pajama days).  We had a Kayci lunch, fish & mac n cheese & green beans.  Both kids are napping and I'm kind of working on finances, kind of surfing friends' blogs...I know, I know.  Back to it--one of them will be up soon!  :)

No comments: