Monday, December 29, 2008

Face Plant

It finally happened...we've been worrying about this (and Dr. Draehn has warned us about it, yes) for months and this morning it finally happened.  James got up earlier than I did, and Noble was in bed with me.  At 6:59 AM, the house seemed to shake and I woke up to what felt like a giant CRASH...Noble had fallen off the bed.  Or so it appeared.  Looking back, now that I'm fully awake and Noble obviously has no injuries, I think the truth is probably more like Noble climbed off the bed, then fell part of the way.  Because he's such a climbing little monkey, we've taught him how to lay on his tummy and back off of the couch/chairs/etc. until his feet touch the ground.  From the way he fell and the fact that he's still intact, I suspect this is what he was doing and just isn't tall enough to get all the way to the ground from our bed (it's an antique iron bed with modern mattresses, so it's a long way to the ground).  Anyway, he's fine and James and I neither one suffered a heart attack.  Noble recovered much faster than we did, by the way--he cried for a minute then was down and playing in the living room, which was probably his goal all along.  What a mess!  **We're now stepping up our resolution to get him to STAY in his own bed, not only for our sake but for safety's sake now, as well.  Wish us luck!!!

No comments: