Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Family Fun

I won't even say we've been busy lately; everyone is, right?  :)  I just logged in and saw it's been a week since we've updated our blog.  Which stinks, because we never caught up on parade pictures.  Oh, well.  

Last night we had some of Kayci's friends over for dinner.  One of the girls is in Kayci's class, and the other is in 2nd grade.  All 3 of them sat on the bench so everyone could sit next to Kayci (sigh), and it was fun to listen to them talk about school.  The 2nd grader was telling us about her teachers, which led to a conversation about her daily schedule.  When she said that they did "English, Language Arts & Reading" in the afternoon, her sister broke in:  "But Jessie, you ALREADY speak English!"  

This morning was fun, too!  It was pretty icy here, so schools opened 2 hours late and it made for a relaxing morning.  We were sitting around (except for Daddy, who still had to go to work at 8) in our PJs, watching PBS and eating oatmeal, when Sherry called.  She was already in town with the girls and had just found out their school was closed until 10.  So she came and hung out with us for a while--Kayci and Noble love both of the Bogan girls, so it was a fun morning.  And I'm always glad for an excuse to visit with Sherry!  It got a little hairy for a while when I told Kayci to get dressed for school, and I have to share my horrible parenting skills with you guys.  We're going out for dinner tonight and lately, Kayci's clothing choices have been a little...orphan-ish for my taste.  So, for ONCE (are you proud of me, Lynn?) I suggested an outfit.  I did pick things that she likes, but she really, really gets grumpy when James or I try to pick clothes so of course things went downhill from there.  So she's in her room, saying she can't find the shirt I suggested, and I'm standing at her door, on the other side of Noble's gate, getting madder and madder that she's acting like she can't find the shirt I want her to wear.  Of course I think she's just not finding it because she's being difficult, so I tell her, if there are SO MANY CLOTHES in your closet that you cannot find the ONLY black long-sleeved shirt in there, then I guess I'll have to make a trip to Higgins Branch today to make room in your closet so you can find your clothes.  She still can't find it, so now I'm worried that I may have played my cards wrong...sure enough, I get into her closet and I can't find the shirt.  

Yep.  Turns out it was a PINK shirt--I'd gotten it confused with another one.  

Mother of the year, here.

I did apologize to her and hug her and tell her I was wrong...but I still looked like a giant a**.  Good thing Sherry's a good friend.  Of course, I won't tell you what HER daughter did next--I thought that was pretty funny, but she wouldn't laugh if I posted it here.  You'll have to ask her!

Hope you're hanging on to your sanity a bit better than I'm managing these days...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's OK Kristi, you can tell your family and friends that my daughter POOPED on your floor!

Had a wonderful visit today. Wish we could do that every morning.

MommyGirl said...

Then I'd be a happy Kristi! It was well worth the cost of admission, my friend! :)