Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Name That Photo

7:45 AM today:  I snapped this just as he pulled the top off of the Marks-A-Lot.
That's a gift (for someone else) he's about to write on, by the way...


I'm calling it, "Why Noble goes to daycare...even during the summer." 
Or, "why Mommy drinks." 
Hmm, or, what about "Mommy, what are those lines on your forehead?" 
Or, "hey, look, it's THAT kid!"
Or really, "why we love Noble (anyway)."

He definitely keeps us hopping, but you know, he keeps us smiling, too.  
Yesterday as we were getting in the car at Wal-Mart, 
Kayci looked up and said, 
"Have I told you today how much I love you, Mommy?" 
I bent down and kissed her, and Noble got a little jealous. 
When I put him in his seat he held up his face for a kiss, 
patted me and said, "Mom Mom."  
I know it was just a reaction to what Kayci did, 
but still, I melt over those little (close-mouthed!) kisses
and hearing that voice say, "Mom Mom."  

Yesterday was a good day--Kayci truly did her best at Swim Lessons, 
and she did everything she needed to do in her skill level.  
I was so proud at her for trying so hard...
I admit, I got weepy when she kept trying until she made it to the bottom
and came back up with that pink dive ring.  
I clapped before I realized what I was doing--yes, I'm that Mom.  
I'm a little bummed that I have to work tonight 
so I won't be there to see what group she's assigned to, 
but it'll be cool for her to have some time with Daddy.  :)  

No comments: