Sunday, March 8, 2009

Now What?

It's 1:40 AM (well, my computer still says 12:40 but I'm telling my brain it's 1:40, hoping it will go to sleep soon...).  Technically, it's Bubby's birthday today.  Happy birthday, Nobley!!  What a year it's been, start to finish.  :)  I can't believe he's already one...but that's another blog, one that I honestly don't have the energy for just now.  Anyway, I'm sitting in my room waiting for James to come to bed, and I just realized something (if you haven't read KnuffleBunny, do...it's hilarious.  Best line of the whole book:  Suddenly, Trixie realized something.)...our projects, save the final clean sweep of the kids' room, are done.  Our room is done (but the big ol' blank wall where Noble's crib & name used to be is going to drive me nuts...our room looks empty).  Grandma's dresser is fixed, now I just need to find some pictures and whatnot to fill it up since the TV's gone (amen!).  The office is done.  I can't think of anything that really needs to be done other than a good spring cleaning.  So, now I guess I get caught up on entering receipts, etc. and get our tax stuff ready for the accountant, and other than that, the next big project is the yard.  We've got two things on our list this year:  one, landscape the front yard, or at least rework the existing beds.  We'll see how far we get.  We're definitely pulling out the two tree-bushes that block your view when you're sitting on Baylor, and I'm excited about that.  James is MORE excited about that, as he gets to use his truck to do it...and a chain.  Woo-hoo!  We've also talked to someone about tilling a part of the backyard to create a garden space...I'm going to get an estimate to see if I can't get someone out to tell me what could actually grow there.  We'll see...one thing at a time.  That's one thing I'll say about this whole living on a budget thing:  before, we truly lived paycheck to paycheck.  We got paid, bought what we wanted, paid bills...and sometimes wondered where the money went.  Now the money all goes--on paper--before we spend a dime, which means now we shop with what we've budgeted, for what we've budgeted...and it also means that our wants sometimes have to wait a week or two or six.  It's interesting.  Not like, 2:00 in the morning interesting, but interesting.  Off to bed...big fun day ahead with the kids.  (Ronny's kids spent the night--you'll have to check out our blog to see what we did.  It's AWESOME!!)  Noble's sleeping in his crib in his new room/their room.  The kids are in the living room...they were piled up like 4 puppies on the couch, and we moved the biggest one and the smallest one to the air mattress.  (An aside:  Ronny's kids are floored by the fact that James & I have a full-size bed.  Gavin kept saying, it's....tiny.  Your bed is so small!)  Tomorrow we'll wake up and have birthday donuts--a first for Bubby.  Not donuts, but the birthday part.  James has a freelance job tomorrow, so he'll do that for a few hours and I guess the kids and I will hang out here.  I think we'll go to College Station tomorrow to buy Noble a new car seat for the truck, since he rides to school with Daddy now.  Things are changing really fast right now...it's great, but scary at the same time.  

No comments: