Friday, November 20, 2009

Fairly Random Friday

This week, the first graders had to memorize a poem and create some sort of a turkey to go along with it. Kayci wanted to make a pointer puppet, and I told her she could make whatever she wanted but we weren't going to buy lots of stuff. We got off easy--all she asked for was a brown glove, everything else we had in the Mommy closet. :)

Meet Thumbkin. Here's his poem:

A turkey is a funny bird,
His head goes wobble, wobble.
He knows just one funny word,
Gobble, Gobble, Gobble.

(This was easy for Bitty--that's one of my favorite classroom songs this time of year, and we sing it to the tune of "Pop! Goes the Weasel.")

This one's kind of random...


Yesterday right before 5:00, we got a phone call from Daddy, telling us to go outside and watch Market Street. So we did, and a few minutes later we saw Daddy's truck go by pulling Germania's float. I snapped this picture as we went back inside...I was just struck at how BIG both kids looked. I wish I could have truly captured the moment, as Noble was so excited he was dancing up the sidewalk. You'll just have to take my word for it--it was cute.

Great Grandma Curtis flies in to Austin this evening; we'll go pick her up then head back to start our weekend. We can't wait!

No comments: