Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wandering Wednesday

I'm sitting at the table, taking a break from the odds and ends that come along the day before a major holiday. Kayci's in the office, reading Junie B. aloud to her class. Noble and Grandma are napping, and Daddy's finishing up his day at work. We'll have to wake up the sleepyheads momentarily if we're going to make it to recycling & the mission before they close, but for now, I'm enjoying a sit. :)

This has been a wonderful week; Grandma Curtis visited us for several days, and we all had a ball. For us, it was such a blessing for her to be a part of our "normal" daily lives, and see what life is like here in the little green house. I'm very proud of who James is and how he lives and loves and treats his family, and I'm glad his Grandma got to see it, too. And she's a hoot and a half, so we had a lot of fun just visiting with her! Nana, Dan and Celena came for lunch on Saturday, and Jhido and Adam came over on Sunday, so we had some good family time all around. Here's Nana (who's training to be a Medical Assistant) teaching Kayci how to use the stethoscope she got for Christmas 2 years ago. Turns out, you've gotta turn it ON! Who knew? Thanks, Nurse Nana!


One of the highlights of Grandma's visit? We went to visit Blue Bell on Monday during James' lunch--and it was James' first tour EVER. We lucked out and got an amazing tour guide. But I won't bore you with that--it was awesome!


Yesterday James and I took the kids to school then took Grandma to the airport in Austin. We rushed back so he could get to work and I could get to Bitty's school for the first grade feast. It was...an experience. I'm sure the kids had lots of fun, and one of the parents was generous and donated ALL of the food. Thanks, Brenham Catering--you rock!


Guess what came home yesterday? Yup--school pictures! I'm biased, but I think this so captures Kayci and where she's at right now. This will probably be the last school picture without funky teeth for a while, so I'm glad it came out. (Shallow, I know...but you remember my teeth, right? So unfortunate...)


And finally, just for grins: today Grandma drove in. She's spending the night here tonight then we'll all go to Ronny's tomorrow for Thanksgiving. Of course she wanted Must Be Heaven for lunch, and who are we to argue with a guest? :) Noble found something he liked right away...he made me think of Noblilocks in a just right chair!

Wherever you are today, I hope you're having a great day as we all get ready to sit down tomorrow and give thanks for our many blessings. It's getting harder and harder to focus on that and not let the buying frenzy creep up, but we're doing our best to focus on one thing at a time--and today, that's giving thanks. We're especially thankful for friends and family this year...hey, that's YOU! :)

No comments: