Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ahh...

Thanks to Ike and the craziness that's followed, my house hasn't been CLEANED in two weeks. Sure, we've picked it up, but it wasn't CLEAN. I went to sleep Sunday with messes--big and small--in every room, and it completely stressed me out. So yesterday we got up at 4:30 and I finished my work so I could clean during Noble's naps (I usually work). My evil plan worked, although the soundtrack yesterday had a lot more crying than normal, guess he knew I needed to get things done!

When we walked in the house yesterday afternoon, Kayci said "what's that smell?" :) It was just the new Swiffer wets, but James and I both cracked up and joked that it was CLEAN she was smelling, finally. And the feeling has lasted...I'm sitting here working (on the couch, I'm tired) and when I look up my kitchen floor is actually shining. Seriously folks, that never happens!

Of course, I just realized that I cleaned yesterday but didn't grocery shop, so now I need to sit here in my clean house and figure out what Kayci's taking for lunch today. Oh, for a kid who'd eat pb&j...

No comments: