Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Soundtrack of my life...

As are you all, I'm sure, we've been crazy busy for the past week or so and haven't had--or taken--the time to blog.  Kayci starts soccer tomorrow, so I'm sure we'll post a pic or two of that.  We can't wait!  We also got some fun video tonight of Noble laughing at Kayci, so hopefully James will post that for you (hint, hint!).  We called Grandpa's hospital room (he's back in for the dehydration and lack of nutrition, so they're getting that under control) so he could hear Noble's giggle...I think that may be the only time Grandpa has smiled today.  Oh, that's not true--he got a kick out of Gavin calling to say Happy WiseMan? WisePerson...not sure! Day.  :)  It's a Taiwanese tradition, apparently.  Man, I miss those kids, but with the blog and Skype we're keeping up...but I digress.

Tonight's blog isn't about major life stuff, but about something fun.  In the new version of itunes, there's a Genius feature.  This morning, James said, pick a song, any song.  I chose True Colors, by Cyndi Lauper because it's been in my head lately.  He put it in, and itunes created a playlist of songs that go with it...and it was an AWESOME playlist!!  This morning while I was dealing with a cranky baby (Noble's got an ear infection) and working (new online class started today!) I listened to some of my favorite songs of all time, truly the soundtrack of my life.  I can't name them all...Toy Soldiers, Right Here Waiting, Tears in Heaven, We Didn't Start the Fire...great, great songs that make me remember what it was like to be a teenager.  I thought things were so hard then--what I wouldn't give for my biggest worry today to be a zit!  :)  

Anyway, check it out if you're an itunes fan.  Of course, you only get the songs you've already got plugged in...lucky for me my boy knows me well and keeps us well-stocked with early 80s and 90s songs.  :)  

No comments: