Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Portrait of us...

I just noticed something funny that nobody's commented on. In the pictures with Great Grandma Hagler--taken August 31, I believe--she's opening her CHRISTMAS gift from us. You guys didn't even say anything! And Johnny just got his/their Christmas gifts the night of the Tom Petty concert...Christmas '07, folks. 8 months later. Now that's a record, even for us!

My friend Paula is almost done with her Christmas shopping, by the way. I admire her. Hate her a bit...nah, just kidding. But seriously, know what I'm doing today? 2007 taxes, my friends. I think I've taken procrastination to a new level--if we don't get the stuff to our accountant tomorrow, he can't turn it around to make our 10/15 extension deadline. Our goal--every stinkin' year--is to do better, be more organized. The hope? We'll finish 2007 today and then get caught up on 2008 details before, you know, 2009. It'll be a first for us, but that's our goal.

Oh, that, and I want to complete one scrapbook before Christmas. And oh, I don't know, teach a class, coordinate a cycle, keep the PPCD teachers happy...that's a tall order for 2 naps a day, man.

All that because I sat down to check my e-mail before Noble and I run to the store. I made bruschetta for lunch (was so proud of myself that I had lunch made at 8 AM!!). But don't get too excited, because then I realized I forgot basil, and if I take what's on our plant outside, I'll decimate it.

These are the days of our lives...

No comments: