Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Beautiful AND Funny!


Kayci FINALLY got a haircut today...I wouldn't take her until I could be certain she wouldn't cut it all off.  I'm very pleased with the results, and more importantly, so is she.  :)  

I remembered what Kayci said this morning that cracked me up.  She's been reading chapter books lately, which is very exciting for her.  :)  This morning on the way to school, I thought I'd ask her about "The Velveteen Rabbit," which is the one she was reading this weekend.  I guess I kind of wondered if she was understanding everything she's read--guess it's the teacher in me.  Anyway, I asked her what the book is about so far.  She started to summarize the story (did a good job, too!), then stopped.  "Well, I've really just been reading the same chapter over and over."  Why's that?  "I forgot to take a bookmark with me."  Oh, that kid!!!  

No comments: