Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sleeping Sideways in a Double Bed...

Oh, these kids.  Noble's getting over being sick, and Kayci got sick overnight Sunday.  So this morning when my alarm went off at 4 AM, I wondered why I was all the way on the edge of the bed.  I turned off the alarm, then closed my eyes again.  When James' alarm went off a few minutes later, he was moving very slowly so I opened my eyes to see what was going on, and that's when I realized...duh, duh, duh...we're not alone.  James had a kiddo on each shoulder, and he was trying to get out of bed without waking anyone up.  He was successful, as he's had more practice than we'd like to admit here.  But here's where I'm going with the post...since Noble was on our bed and he's been known to jump off (it's high, afraid he'll really get hurt one of these days), I sat in our room to work on the computer.  I watched the bed, and those little monkeys were ALL OVER IT.  Kayci sleeps sideways, and oh, I wish I was exaggerating.  It was fun, in a way, to watch the way they chased each other in their sleep.  Even asleep, Kayci seemed to be aware of where Bubby's hands were in relation to her curls.  :)  Other than the sideways sleeping, the hard part about having either kid in bed is that neither of them likes to be covered up, but BOTH of them like to sleep in the middle.  So James and I have to fight with little feet kicking the covers off.  But things are getting better, and the times that both of them are in our bed are very, very rare, and Bubby's spending less and less time there, as well.  I know that soon we'll be back to just the two of us, and I suspect that sometimes I'll miss these days of cuddling.  And cover hogging.   And sideways sleeping.  (BTW, if you are humming Barbara Mandrell, I love you!)

No comments: