Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Odds & Ends...



That's Noble, at Wal Mart in Galveston.  He was all funned out that day.  :)
A totally random post:

1.  We went to the beach with the Bogans for the long weekend, and it was AWESOME!  :)  Kayci loved the water, and Noble loved the sand.  He was more interested in the water until he got some in his nose and mouth, and then he wasn't having anything to do with it.  Believe it or not, none of us is sunburned!  That's probably a first.  Grandpa would be proud!

2.  Noble is now totally a toddler.  He does crawl a tiny bit, but he's walking full-time and starting to run a bit.  Of course he falls down when he moves too fast, but that just makes him giggle more.  Oh, what a mess--but such a lovable mess!  

3.  Speaking of Noble, he's got a 4th tooth.  His teeth are just a little crazy...got the bottom two, and then instead of the top middle he got in his right eyetooth...and now the front tooth next to it is coming in.  Just crazy looking!  

4.  Kayci is off at school enjoying water day right now.  This is her last week of Kindergarten--where has time gone??  Thursday is her end of the year party, and Friday is the last day (half-day).  She'll have a little friend come home with us and then some of us are going to see "Up" to celebrate the end of Kindergarten.  I'm excited that it's summertime and that means lots of family time...but at the same time, the end of her first year is bittersweet.  I pray that she'll enjoy first grade as much as Kinder...and look up to her teacher as she looks up to Mrs. Bolcerek.  Kayci is just amazing, and I couldn't be more proud of her.  Yes, she has her moments, but 99% of the time she's just...awesome.  

5.  Last night, I was rocking Noble when Kayci came in to kiss us goodnight.  She said, "I'm going to get into bed now after I kiss Daddy" and walked off.  As soon as she left, Noble looked up, spit out his bottle and got down.  He stood there and held out his hand, "Mon."  (That's Noblese for c'mon!)  I said, "Do you want to go get in your big boy bed?"  Big nod.  So I took his hand and we walked into the kitchen where Daddy was, Noble reached up for a hug & kiss (so sweet!) then turned around, took my hand again and walked into their bedroom with me.  We kissed Kayci again and I put him in his bed...he laid there and let me cover him up.  I went to leave and he cried so I handed him the bottle (don't judge me!) and that was that.  He did cry for a minute or so, but I went in and the bottle was sitting at one end and he was curled up at the end of his crib.  It was so sweet...our goal right now is to get him to put himself to sleep and then go from there...we'll see!  :)  

Kayci said something this morning that made me laugh, but I can't remember what it was...guess that means it's time to get to work!  Have a great week!

No comments: