Tuesday, October 21, 2008

All about Kayci

Kayci's forever saying, "let's put that on the blog."  Like you guys care about every single little thing that happens.  But here are a few special items that we just have to share...

1.  The Brenham Banner-Press:  We FINALLY started taking the paper.  I was way excited, too, about finally being plugged in to what's going on around town.  Well, the Banner-Press is a lot like the Iola Register...every police call is in there, etc.  It's definitely a small town paper!  As it turns out, that has its advantages.  Saturday morning we had to run back by the house to grab the laptop.  I noticed the paper was in the yard so I picked it up.  I planned to just recycle it, but for some reason opened it up and we all started looking through it.  On page 4, there was a big section called "Brenham ISD Student News."  A certain name caught my eye...

Krause Elementary School
By ELLIE MEYER, KATE ROBERTS and KAYCI PHARAON

We are all in Mrs. Bolcerek's class.  We know that if we be good and study hard and pay attention we can get to go on some field trips later this year.  We need to show respect too.  That is our character trait this month.  

Kindergarten sure is lots of fun!  There are so many fun things we do at school...

It goes on from there, but you get the gist.  Apparently (this is what I got from Kayci), Kayci and a couple of her friends "wrote" this with the lady in the computer lab.  The second sentence is all Kayci, but the rest is definitely obviously assisted.  But hey, she made the paper!  She will tell you this is the second time this year she's been in the paper--she SWEARS the back of her head was in a picture with Sparky the Fire Dog.  Daddy doesn't believe her, as the head in question was blond.  :)

2.  Kayci made a 100 on her first "real" spelling test!  

3.  Yesterday, Kayci got in the car all excited about them calling her name on the speaker.  I haven't talked to Mrs. Bolcerek yet to get details, but I think I understand that Kayci was chosen (it's a drawing) as a Star Student this week, so she gets her picture taken and gets to have lunch *on the stage!* with the administrators.  She's stoked!

4.  I got a work phone call yesterday just as we came in after school.  I normally don't take work calls at that time, but I really needed to hear what this teacher had to say.  Well, Kayci kept interrupting.  And interrupting.  And interrupting.  She wanted my attention, and she finally got it, and I was grumpy.  I sent her to her room to clean up (what she was supposed to be doing anyway!) and to give me a minute to just breathe and get over the grumpy.  Well, after she made her bed she came and asked if she could draw.  I said yes, and after a while she headed into our room with a piece of paper and tape.  To my pillow, she taped a picture of the two of us smiling, with red crayon hearts coming out of the Kayci drawing and heading toward the Mommy drawing.  It was very sweet, and touched my heart.  She had written "Im sore for bng so men."  (I'm sorry for being so mean.)  Aww...even if I was still mad at that point, no way could I have stayed that way!  She's either very sweet, or very smart.  Crap, she's both--we're in trouble!

5.  Last one...she was very excited today that she and a friend got to "water paint" during center time.   You can't really read it, but she wrote a sentence:  "I see a spider."  This one is already hanging up on Kayci's wall of fame in our office...she was so proud to show it off to Daddy.  :)  


No comments: