Thursday, October 2, 2008

A day in the life...

...or an evening, as the case may be.  :)  It's 8:45--both kids are in bed, and James and I are watching the debate.  (Honestly, I'd rather be watching Grey's, but at least this way I'm getting my grading done.)  Anyway, tonight was kind of fun around our house, and we snapped some pictures.  


Kayci made a "nifty necklace" for school tomorrow.  I think it's pretty obvious that Kayci does her own projects, but man, she's proud!  Chances are pretty good, her necklace will be the only one tomorrow that has um, shoulders.   And probably the only one with yup, those are in fact feathers.  We discussed a tasteful number, perhaps with her alphabet beads.  But alas, she had a better idea.  That's SO Kayci, though.  More is more, as they say...wait...




Noble had fun with his dinner.  Some days it's fun to just give him the bowl and spoon, and tonight was one of those nights.  He had a blast, and we got to sit and enjoy our stir fry and a great conversation with Kayci.  She's so interested in reading and writing--and every day we're amazed at the sheer volume of knowledge in that beautiful little head.  She's amazing!  But back to the pic...well, Noble is my boy.  He digs the beer bottle, and before you call CPS, no, he's never tasted it.  We're goofy, not crazy.




James came in tonight and said, "your Christmas gift arrived today!"  He knew it would kill me to wonder about it for 3 months, but luckily, he was just kidding.  Apparently woot had Roomba Scoobas on last week, so Rodney Roomba has a girlfriend:  meet Sally Scooba!  See, James DOES love me!  Other women want jewelry and bags...give me clean floors, and I'm yours!!  :)  




I hate blogs when people make it seem like their lives are perfect.  If you've read more than one post, you know we're far from perfect.  Happy, but not sappy.  So, lest you think things are ideal here in the little green house, check out the dishes.  Oh, my--think that's the water bottle from Tuesday's soccer game.  Guess those have been there a couple of days!  

No comments: