Thursday, October 2, 2008

Perspective


Sorry if I sent this out blank--not sure what happened! A little fun in cyberspace, I guess.

Anyway, the post.

Yesterday was a BAD day. Big Mommy Meltdown day--not externally as much as internally, although it must have been pretty obvious as James hugged me several extra times and kept asking, "What can I do to help you?" :) It was just a bad day, when it felt like everything was coming down at once. Days like that are discouraging. But then you go to bed, and you wake up and it's a beautiful day and you breathe. Yesterday the mess on the deck was representative of ONE MORE THING I had to do but didn't have time for. This morning, as I took a minute to give Noble his after-nap bottle outside (thanks again, Dad, for a gorgeous deck!), the hay took on an entirely different meaning--it reminded me that it's October, my favorite month of the year. The weather here in Brenham is absolutely gorgeous and yep, I've got a lot on my plate, but all of that is far, far outnumbered by my blessings. It's all about perspective, and I'm grateful to be reminded of that. Thanks, Nobley, for a great day. And it's not even lunchtime. :)

2 comments:

M. Blohm said...

Oh, what a sweet boy to notice and offer help! Here's hoping your day is filled with sweet, Nobley smiles and silly, Kayci laughter!

MommyGirl said...

i wish--kayci's a GRUMP today. sigh!