Saturday, October 18, 2008

This Day in History...

It's Saturday, October 18th.  

One year ago today (it was a Wednesday, though), we found out that Noble was a...well, a Noble. :)  Remember the picture of Kayci with the big sister shirt, "it's a boy!" balloon and the knowing smile?  

Eleven years ago today, James proposed.  Come on, you remember...Senior year.  Let the Good Times Roll!  50 yard line, halftime...10 minutes later, I quit crying enough to say "yes!"  And the rest, as they say, is history.   I'll never forget at our rehearsal dinner, Dad telling about standing there talking to some guy, the punchline of "the funny thing is, that's my daughter."  

Today in the car one of us said, "do you know what happened one year ago today?"  And Kayci, God love her, would have brought me to my knees if I hadn't been sitting already.  She said, "If the kids left for Taiwan one year ago today, that means they could come home today."  Soon enough, Bitty, soon enough.  

Here's a quick pic of the littlest Bearkat...I'm sure Daddy will post some pics of the kids with Sammy.  



No comments: