Friday, October 24, 2008

The Rest of the Story, as Paul Harvey Would Say

I thought that last picture might pique your curiosity...

It's Friday afternoon, and we're leaving for Houston at 4:00.  So, I'm frantically trying to get packed and kind of clean the house...you know, Mommy stuff.  Noble didn't sleep long this afternoon, but he was very excited to get down on the floor to play while Mommy ran around.  He started out in the living room with Kayci's Barbie computer...I heard it turn on, Barbie said hello and Noble said "BaBa!"  Oh Dear God, he said Barbie before Mommy.  We'll pretend like we didn't hear it, okay?

So, I have to keep a close eye on him because as soon as I turn my back, he does the electric slide.  The kid knows where ever exposed outlet is in the house (exposed as in not covered by furniture, we don't have open outlets you safety freaks).  Anyway, on our "to do" list this weekend is purchase & install the outlet covers that cover the entire outlet, plugs included.  (We gave our old ones away...never really needed them with Kayci, but that's another story.)  After he loses interest in Barbie (really, don't we all eventually?) he starts the slide, into the dining room.  I have to say, he's starting to respond to my "no!" when he gets too close to the water cooler outlet or the Roombas.  We do this for a few minutes, he scoots, I no, he smiles and tries to con me, I no, he retreats.  Finally, he makes me smile by retreating for good, into the hallway.  I'm done in the kitchen and ready to pack, so bedrooms seem to be a safe zone.   Here's what I found about 30 seconds after he entered Kayci's room--pardon the focus, but I grabbed my iphone and it has its limitations (but you didn't hear it from me!).  The first pic is actually him falling down when I walked in and surprised him.  Little Mr. Mischief didn't let a Mommy stand in his way for long...






You saw what happened next. I put him in the crib with some toys so I could finish packing. And by the way, Boy--here's something else for the list.



Mobile Noble, indeed.



No comments: