Monday, November 3, 2008

God and the age in which we live

Kayci and I were having a conversation in the car on the way back to Brenham on Friday morning (we stayed the night in Houston after visiting Tim in the hospital and woke up really early to get back for work and school.) She told me, looking out the car window, that she could see three stars side by side in the sky. That, I told her, was a constellation called Orion. That's the constellation from which Great Grandaddy Curtis got his middle name and from whom Noble got his middle name.

Kristi and I have a habit when we see the Orion in the night sky of saying "hello, Granddaddy." It's just a nice little reminder of a really great man. So I told Kayci that that's why sometimes we say hi to Granddaddy. We talked about how he's not really there at the star and that he was really in heaven with God.

Then Kayci asked me what God looked like. I have my own idea of what both God and heaven look like, but everyone does. She said that she thought He looks like a little man with a beard behind the stars. I told her I didn't know and that no one on Earth really knows. To which she replied:

"Maybe when we get home we can look it up on the internet."

No comments: