Monday, November 3, 2008

Speaking Noble-ese

So, Noble's definitely a second child when it comes to his language. It's hilarious, because he has fewer words than Kayci did at this point (I know, I know, you shouldn't compare kids, especially boys and girls)...but, he's great at communicating. Today was one of those days when he was completely off schedule, consequently, keeping Mommy off-kilter. I amused myself by keeping track of his "language" all day. Here's what I heard, and they're all sounds that we hear regularly so I'm assuming they're turning into words:

"Iwantthat"--it's all one word, used when he was reaching for baby food at the store, Mommy's water, his cup, etc.--he's requesting (and yep, when I step back and listen to ME, when he asks for something/reaches/etc. I say "want that?")

"Ihabthat"--cousin to "I want that", used when he's sure he's got his hands on said "that"

"Igetthat"--he's playing with "that" (think this one comes from us always telling him we're going to "get him")

"AhAh!"--this one was funny. He didn't want me to put him in his crib, and ahah'ed me. (That's what we say to get his attention instead of saying no, no all the time. It's more of a noise than anything.)

"DaDa"--his favorite syllable, word, sound...you name it! Originally, it meant "bottle", and has evolved to also be Daddy's name. (Although he is experimenting with "DaDee.")

"NeNeNe"--he's babytalking, telling us he's at the end of his rope and needs a bottle and comfort ASAP!

"NighNigh"--He was tired today and after "nenene"ing, he laid his head on my shoulder and tucked his arms in (Noble-ese for he's ready to sleep). He patted my shoulder and said, "nighnigh."

"DeeDee"--Consistently, this one is Kayci. :) It drives me nuts, though, when she refers to herSELF as DeeDee. We're not starting that--we know a DeeDee already, and it ain't Kayci!

"Huhhuh"--Noble has the dorkiest little laugh, not his belly laugh but his "hey, I'm slightly amused" laugh. Love it!!

No comments: