Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Morning Glory

Yesterday was a long day.  I woke up this morning a bit leery of what today would bring...and for an hour, while James was a good boy and finished a freelance job and then hit the gym, I lay in bed just thinking and enjoying the quiet before the rush of the day began.  Noble, of course, was cuddled up beside me (he's been sleeping until almost 7 AM...big news for Nobley.  Now if we could just get him to sleep straight through...)  Anyway, so there I was, thinking a lot and worrying just a little, wondering a lot and planning a little.  And then it started--my favorite part of the morning.  (Let me backtrack here if you haven't been to the little green house...it's little.  The two bedrooms share a wall and while sound doesn't carry through the walls, it totally carries through the air vent--ah, the wonder of an old house.)  So I was laying there, wondering what the day would bring and I heard one of my favorite sounds in the world, Kayci singing in her bed.  She started it when she was a baby, and that's how we knew she was up and happy.  In the past couple of years, the singing  has ceased to be an everyday occurrence...just some weekends, if we're lucky.  But there it was this morning, and the sound reminded me that I need to shake yesterday off and be grateful for today, for the opportunities that come with each new morning.  And yes, of course, the hope.  So here's hoping today's a great day, for all of us.  So far, so good here in the little green house.  Time to get back to it... 

No comments: